What do people like (and dislike) about Montezuma?
When we asked expats and global nomads what they like and dislike about living in Montezuma, they replied...
"Expats and digital nomads living in Montezuma enjoy the laid-back atmosphere and the stunning natural beauty of the area. They appreciate the friendly locals and the abundance of outdoor activities, such as surfing, snorkeling, and hiking. They also enjoy the affordable cost of living and the easy access to fresh, local produce. On the downside, some expats and digital nomads find the lack of reliable internet access and the limited nightlife to be drawbacks. Additionally, the remote location can make it difficult to access certain services and amenities," wrote a member who made the move to Montezuma, Costa Rica.
"Our location is beautiful. Just outside of town. Wonderful neighbors. There's been a fair amount of building construction right where we are. It's been very annoying. It was very peaceful when we first rented here. That has changed considerably. I love that we are surrounded by mango trees. I love that we have three guanabana trees. I love that we have beautiful limes growing from a number of trees. I love that I can walk five minutes and have a wonderful view of the ocean. I can hear the waves crashing against the rocks. I love our landlord and her huge compassion. People seem to think we are rich because we live here and we are gringos. :( I love that I can sit on the front porch and watch a number of species of birds flying in. I love to watch the iguanas and watusas when they come to visit. Naturally, I love this location. There is a lack of public transportation during this pandemic. Who wants to get on a public bus? I don't," explained one expat living in Montezuma, Costa Rica.
- What should I pack when moving to Montezuma?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Montezuma?
- Will I be able to find a job in Montezuma?
- What is life like in Montezuma?
- What do expats in Montezuma appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Montezuma?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Montezuma accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Montezuma like?
- What are healthcare services like in Montezuma?
- What are medical services in Montezuma like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Montezuma?
- What are emergency services like in Montezuma?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Montezuma?
- How are local medical facilities in Montezuma?
- As a foreigner living in Montezuma, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do people like (and dislike) about Montezuma?If you live in Montezuma, newcomers to Montezuma would love to hear your answer to this question: