What do people like (and dislike) about Tallinn?
When we asked expats and global nomads what they like and dislike about living in Tallinn, they replied...
"Expats and digital nomads generally like living in Tallinn, for several reasons. They appreciate the city's high-speed internet and advanced digital infrastructure, which makes it easy for them to work remotely. The cost of living is relatively low compared to other European cities, making it an affordable option for many. Tallinn's picturesque Old Town, with its medieval architecture and cobblestone streets, offers a charming and unique atmosphere that many find appealing. The city is also known for its friendly and welcoming locals, who often speak English, making it easy for expats to communicate and integrate into the community. Tallinn's efficient public transportation system is another aspect that expats and digital nomads enjoy, as it allows them to easily navigate the city and its surrounding areas. The city's location on the Baltic Sea also provides opportunities for outdoor activities and exploration, such as visiting nearby islands and beaches. However, there are also some aspects of living in Tallinn that expats and digital nomads may dislike. The weather can be a significant drawback, as the city experiences long, cold, and dark winters, which can be challenging for those accustomed to warmer climates. Additionally, the job market in Tallinn may be limited for expats seeking local employment, particularly if they do not speak Estonian. Another potential downside is the relatively small size of Tallinn, which may not offer the same level of cultural and entertainment options as larger European cities. Finally, while many locals speak English, expats may still encounter language barriers when dealing with bureaucracy or in more rural areas outside of the city," explained one expat living in Tallinn, Estonia.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tallinn?
- What do I need to know before moving to Tallinn?
- How do I find a place to live in Tallinn?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tallinn?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tallinn?
- How do I meet people in Tallinn?
- What should I pack when moving to Tallinn?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tallinn?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tallinn?
- What is life like in Tallinn?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tallinn?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tallinn?
- What is the social scene like in Tallinn?
- What advice to expats in Tallinn have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tallinn like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tallinn?
- Is the cost of living in Tallinn high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tallinn?
- Why do people move to Tallinn?
What do people like (and dislike) about Tallinn?If you live in Tallinn, newcomers to Tallinn would love to hear your answer to this question: