What do people like (and dislike) about Batam?
When we asked expats and global nomads what they like and dislike about living in Batam, they replied...
"Expats and digital nomads living in Batam often appreciate the low cost of living, the friendly locals, and the easy access to Singapore. They also enjoy the tropical climate, the abundance of outdoor activities, and the variety of cultural experiences. On the other hand, some expats and digital nomads may find the lack of infrastructure and public transportation inconvenient, and the air pollution can be a problem. Additionally, the language barrier can be a challenge for those who don't speak Indonesian," explained one expat living in Batam, Indonesia.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Batam?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Batam?
- Will I be able to find a job in Batam?
- What is life like in Batam?
- What do expats in Batam appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Batam?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Batam accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Batam like?
- What are healthcare services like in Batam?
- What are medical services in Batam like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Batam?
- What are emergency services like in Batam?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Batam?
- How are local medical facilities in Batam?
- As a foreigner living in Batam, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do people like (and dislike) about Batam?If you live in Batam, newcomers to Batam would love to hear your answer to this question: