What do people like (and dislike) about Leiden?
When we asked expats and global nomads what they like and dislike about living in Leiden, they replied...
"Expats and digital nomads living in Leiden appreciate the city's rich history, its vibrant culture, and its close proximity to Amsterdam. They also enjoy the city's picturesque canals, its many parks and green spaces, and its excellent public transportation system. On the downside, some expats and digital nomads find the cost of living in Leiden to be quite high, and the city can be quite crowded during peak tourist season," said another expat in Leiden, The Netherlands.
- What should I pack when moving to Leiden?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Leiden?
- Will I be able to find a job in Leiden?
- What is life like in Leiden?
- What do expats in Leiden appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Leiden?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Leiden accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Leiden like?
- What are healthcare services like in Leiden?
- What are medical services in Leiden like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Leiden?
- What are emergency services like in Leiden?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Leiden?
- How are local medical facilities in Leiden?
- As a foreigner living in Leiden, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do people like (and dislike) about Leiden?If you live in Leiden, newcomers to Leiden would love to hear your answer to this question: