What do people like (and dislike) about Wellington?
When we asked expats and global nomads what they like and dislike about living in Wellington, they replied...
"Expats and digital nomads living in Wellington, often appreciate the city's stunning natural beauty, with its picturesque harbor, surrounding hills, and easy access to outdoor activities such as hiking and mountain biking. They also enjoy the vibrant arts and culture scene, which includes numerous galleries, museums, and festivals. The city's compact size and walkability make it easy to explore, and the public transportation system is efficient and reliable. Wellington is known for its friendly and welcoming locals, making it easy for expats and digital nomads to feel at home and make new friends. On the other hand, some expats and digital nomads may find the cost of living in Wellington to be relatively high, particularly when it comes to housing and dining out. The city's infamous wind and unpredictable weather can also be a downside for some, as it can make outdoor activities and commuting less enjoyable at times. Additionally, while the job market in Wellington is generally strong, it can be competitive, and some expats may struggle to find work in their desired field. Finally, the city's remote location can make it difficult and expensive to travel internationally, which may be a drawback for digital nomads who value easy access to other countries and cultures," commented one expat who made the move to Wellington, New Zealand.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to Wellington?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Wellington?
- Will I be able to find a job in Wellington?
- What is life like in Wellington?
- What do expats in Wellington appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Wellington?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Wellington accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Wellington like?
- What are healthcare services like in Wellington?
- What are medical services in Wellington like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Wellington?
- What are emergency services like in Wellington?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Wellington?
- How are local medical facilities in Wellington?
- As a foreigner living in Wellington, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do people like (and dislike) about Wellington?If you live in Wellington, newcomers to Wellington would love to hear your answer to this question: