What are medical services in Panama City like?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Panama City, they replied...
"Panama City offers a wide range of medical services, including both public and private hospitals and clinics. The public hospitals are generally well-equipped and staffed with experienced medical professionals, while the private hospitals offer more specialized services and treatments. In addition, there are a number of pharmacies and medical supply stores located throughout the city. Many of the larger hospitals also offer emergency services, and there are a number of medical centers that specialize in specific areas of medicine. The city also has a number of medical tourism options, with many international patients coming to Panama City for medical treatments," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Panama City, Panama.
"Health care in Panama exemplifies that of a small, developing country. The public system is very hit-or-miss, ranging from bad to terrible. The private system is adequate, but expensive for those coming from countries with universal health care systems," commented one expat who made the move to Panama City, Panama.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Panama City?
- What do I need to know before moving to Panama City?
- How do I find a place to live in Panama City?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Panama City?
- What is the average cost of housing in Panama City?
- How do I meet people in Panama City?
- What should I pack when moving to Panama City?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Panama City?
- Will I be able to find a job in Panama City?
- What is life like in Panama City?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Panama City?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Panama City?
- What is the social scene like in Panama City?
- What advice to expats in Panama City have about housing?
- What are medical services in Panama City like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Panama City?
- Is the cost of living in Panama City high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Panama City?
- Why do people move to Panama City?
What are medical services in Panama City like?If you live in Panama City, newcomers to Panama City would love to hear your answer to this question: