What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
When we asked expats and global nomads in San Jose about their experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system, they replied...
"The pandemic has had a significant impact on the local healthcare system in San Jose. The healthcare system has had to adapt to the changing needs of the population, including the need for more intensive care and the need to provide care to those who are unable to access it due to the restrictions imposed by the pandemic. The healthcare system has also had to adjust to the increased demand for services, including the need for more medical personnel and the need to provide more resources to those in need. Despite the challenges, the healthcare system in San Jose has been able to provide quality care to those in need, and has been able to respond to the changing needs of the population," explained one expat living in San Jose, Costa Rica.
"Although the authorities kept warning that the healthcare system might collapse because of the pandemic, they seemed oblivious to the fact that it had already collapsed for many things and many people. I went 10 months trying to get the telemedicine appointment that supposedly replaced my canceled in person appointment, and went as long without canceled lab tests or prescription medicines. True, the system was still attending to urgent medical problems, and in fairness it was dealing with a pandemic, but a lot of us were on our own," said another expat in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- What do I need to know before retiring in San Jose?
- What do I need to know before moving to San Jose?
- How do I find a place to live in San Jose?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in San Jose?
- What is the average cost of housing in San Jose?
- How do I meet people in San Jose?
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like in San Jose?
- What do people like (and dislike) about San Jose?
- What type of social life can someone expect in San Jose?
- What is the social scene like in San Jose?
- What advice to expats in San Jose have about housing?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- Is the cost of living in San Jose high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in San Jose?
- Why do people move to San Jose?
What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?If you live in San Jose, newcomers to San Jose would love to hear your answer to this question: