What advice to expats in Nairobi have about housing?
When we asked people living in Nairobi about the social scene there, they described it saying...
"Expats in Nairobi recommend researching the area you are interested in living in before committing to a rental agreement. It is important to be aware of the security situation in the area and to make sure that the property is in a safe and secure location. Additionally, it is important to ensure that the property is well maintained and that the landlord is reliable. It is also recommended to visit the property in person before signing a rental agreement to ensure that it meets your needs. Finally, it is important to be aware of the cost of living in Nairobi, as it can be quite expensive," said another expat in Nairobi, Kenya.
"It s best if your company or employer provides housing...if not gated communities are a safer idea," wrote a member who made the move to Nairobi, Kenya.
- What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nairobi?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nairobi?
- What is life like in Nairobi?
- What do expats in Nairobi appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nairobi?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nairobi accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nairobi like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nairobi?
- What are medical services in Nairobi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nairobi?
- What are emergency services like in Nairobi?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nairobi?
- How are local medical facilities in Nairobi?
- As a foreigner living in Nairobi, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice to expats in Nairobi have about housing?If you live in Nairobi, newcomers to Nairobi would love to hear your answer to this question: