Are foreigners allowed to own property in Nairobi?
When we asked expats in Nairobi if foreigners are allowed to own property, they answered...
"Yes, foreigners are allowed to own property in Nairobi. However, there are certain restrictions and conditions that apply. Foreigners can only own property on a leasehold basis, with the lease period typically ranging from 33 to 99 years. This means that the foreigner does not own the land on which the property is built, but rather has the right to use and occupy the land for the duration of the lease. Additionally, foreigners may be required to obtain approval from the Kenyan government before purchasing property, and they may also be subject to certain taxes and fees. It is important for foreigners to consult with a local attorney or real estate agent to ensure they understand and comply with all relevant laws and regulations when purchasing property in Nairobi," commented one expat who made the move to Nairobi, Kenya.
- What should I pack when moving to Nairobi?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nairobi?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nairobi?
- What is life like in Nairobi?
- What do expats in Nairobi appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nairobi?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nairobi accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nairobi like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nairobi?
- What are medical services in Nairobi like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nairobi?
- What are emergency services like in Nairobi?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nairobi?
- How are local medical facilities in Nairobi?
- As a foreigner living in Nairobi, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Are foreigners allowed to own property in Nairobi?If you live in Nairobi, newcomers to Nairobi would love to hear your answer to this question: