Why do people move to Negombo?
When we asked people why foreigners move to Negombo, they responded...
"Negombo is an attractive destination for expats due to its close proximity to the capital city of Colombo, its beautiful beaches, and its vibrant culture. The city is known for its friendly locals, delicious seafood, and stunning sunsets. Negombo also offers a wide range of activities, from shopping and sightseeing to water sports and wildlife safaris. The cost of living is relatively low compared to other cities in Sri Lanka, making it an ideal place for expats to settle down. Additionally, Negombo is home to a number of international schools, making it a great choice for families with children," remarked another expat who made the move to Negombo, Sri Lanka.
- What should I pack when moving to Negombo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Negombo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Negombo?
- What is life like in Negombo?
- What do expats in Negombo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Negombo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Negombo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Negombo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Negombo?
- What are medical services in Negombo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Negombo?
- What are emergency services like in Negombo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Negombo?
- How are local medical facilities in Negombo?
- As a foreigner living in Negombo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Why do people move to Negombo?If you live in Negombo, newcomers to Negombo would love to hear your answer to this question: