Why do people move to San Jose?
When we asked people why foreigners move to San Jose, they responded...
"San Jose is an attractive destination for expats due to its vibrant culture, stunning natural beauty, and low cost of living. The city is known for its friendly locals, excellent healthcare system, and strong infrastructure. Additionally, San Jose is home to a variety of activities and attractions, from its bustling nightlife to its many outdoor activities. With its temperate climate, San Jose is an ideal place to live for those looking to experience the best of Central America," said another expat in San Jose, Costa Rica.
"Most foreigners who voluntarily move to San Jose, Costa Rica do so for the nice climate, lower cost of living, and friendly people. Some of course move here for work, usually in the multinationals, while a few are running from someone or something (often the law)," wrote a member who made the move to San Jose, Costa Rica.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to San Jose?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Jose?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Jose?
- What is life like in San Jose?
- What do expats in San Jose appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in San Jose?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in San Jose accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in San Jose like?
- What are healthcare services like in San Jose?
- What are medical services in San Jose like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Jose?
- What are emergency services like in San Jose?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in San Jose?
- How are local medical facilities in San Jose?
- As a foreigner living in San Jose, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Why do people move to San Jose?If you live in San Jose, newcomers to San Jose would love to hear your answer to this question: