Why do people move to Alexandria?
When we asked people why foreigners move to Alexandria, they responded...
"There are many appealing aspects of Alexandria that attract expats to move to this vibrant city. Firstly, the prospect of a vibrant cultural experience is attractive, as one can take advantage of the city's location on the Mediterranean Sea to enjoy fantastic seafood and experience the mix of Eastern and Western cultures. Secondly, Alexandria is known for its warm climate and numerous nearby beaches, making it a great destination for outdoor activities. Finally, Alexandria is a city of great historical significance and the presence of many archaeological sites and monuments make the city an interesting destination for visitors and expats alike," commented one expat who made the move to Alexandria, Egypt.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to Alexandria?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Alexandria?
- Will I be able to find a job in Alexandria?
- What is life like in Alexandria?
- What do expats in Alexandria appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Alexandria?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Alexandria accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Alexandria like?
- What are healthcare services like in Alexandria?
- What are medical services in Alexandria like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Alexandria?
- What are emergency services like in Alexandria?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Alexandria?
- How are local medical facilities in Alexandria?
- As a foreigner living in Alexandria, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Why do people move to Alexandria?If you live in Alexandria, newcomers to Alexandria would love to hear your answer to this question: