Why do people move to Lyon?
When we asked people why foreigners move to Lyon, they responded...
"Lyon is attractive to expats due to its rich cultural heritage and diverse history. The city boasts a vibrant modern art scene while also preserving its traditional architecture. It is an excellent base for exploring the rest of France as well as nearby destinations in Switzerland and Italy. Additionally, its central location within France makes it an ideal home for those who work remotely or travel frequently. Finally, the city offers a variety of living options, ranging from vibrant city center apartments to tranquil suburban homes. This, combined with its low cost of living and great food, makes Lyon an attractive destination for expats," explained one expat living in Lyon, France.
- What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lyon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lyon?
- What is life like in Lyon?
- What do expats in Lyon appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Lyon?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Lyon accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Lyon like?
- What are healthcare services like in Lyon?
- What are medical services in Lyon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lyon?
- What are emergency services like in Lyon?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Lyon?
- How are local medical facilities in Lyon?
- As a foreigner living in Lyon, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Why do people move to Lyon?If you live in Lyon, newcomers to Lyon would love to hear your answer to this question: