Why do people move to Lake Atitlan?
When we asked people why foreigners move to Lake Atitlan, they responded...
"Expats are attracted to move to Lake Atitlan, due to its stunning natural beauty, with the lake surrounded by lush green hills and towering volcanoes. The pleasant climate, often referred to as the "land of eternal spring," offers comfortable living conditions year-round. The low cost of living, including affordable housing, food, and healthcare, is another major draw for expats. Additionally, the rich Mayan culture and friendly local communities provide a unique and immersive cultural experience. The laid-back lifestyle and opportunities for outdoor activities, such as hiking, kayaking, and bird-watching, also appeal to those seeking a more relaxed and adventurous way of life. Finally, the growing expat community offers a sense of camaraderie and support for newcomers looking to make Lake Atitlan their new home," explained one expat living in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.
"There are several reasons people relocate to the Lake Atitlan area:
- Low cost of living. Nearly everything is substantially less than what one would pay in the 1st World. That is the necessities: food, housing, transport. If you want 1st World conveniences you will pay a premium... internet, television, foods from home.
- The location. Situated at 5000 feet (1524 m) above sea level, this is not the hot tropical jungle one usually associates with living in Central America. We call it the land of eternal springtime. Bring a sweater. And bring a camera...this is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
- Lifestyle. You can be retired and as lazy or active as you want (lots of volunteer opportunities). If you have a New Age orientation, the lake area is a vortex for seekers and practitioners of every sort. ," said another in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What do I need to know before retiring in Lake Atitlan?
- What do I need to know before moving to Lake Atitlan?
- How do I find a place to live in Lake Atitlan?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lake Atitlan?
- What is the average cost of housing in Lake Atitlan?
- How do I meet people in Lake Atitlan?
- What should I pack when moving to Lake Atitlan?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lake Atitlan?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lake Atitlan?
- What is life like in Lake Atitlan?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Lake Atitlan?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Lake Atitlan?
- What is the social scene like in Lake Atitlan?
- What advice to expats in Lake Atitlan have about housing?
- What are medical services in Lake Atitlan like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lake Atitlan?
- Is the cost of living in Lake Atitlan high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Lake Atitlan?
- Why do people move to Lake Atitlan?
Why do people move to Lake Atitlan?If you live in Lake Atitlan, newcomers to Lake Atitlan would love to hear your answer to this question: