Where will I buy groceries and do other shopping in Leiden?
When we asked people living in Leiden about good local restaurants, they mentioned...
"Leiden is home to a variety of shops and supermarkets where expats can buy groceries and do other shopping. Albert Heijn is the largest supermarket chain in the Netherlands and has several locations in Leiden, including one at the Stationsweg. Jumbo is another popular supermarket chain in the Netherlands, and there is a location at the Stationsplein. For more specialized shopping, the Leiden Market is a great place to find fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and other local products. Additionally, the Leiden Passage is a shopping center with a variety of stores, including clothing, electronics, and home goods. Finally, the Leiden Bazaar is a great place to find unique items from around the world," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Leiden, The Netherlands.
- What should I pack when moving to Leiden?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Leiden?
- Will I be able to find a job in Leiden?
- What is life like in Leiden?
- What do expats in Leiden appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Leiden?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Leiden accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Leiden like?
- What are healthcare services like in Leiden?
- What are medical services in Leiden like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Leiden?
- What are emergency services like in Leiden?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Leiden?
- How are local medical facilities in Leiden?
- As a foreigner living in Leiden, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Where will I buy groceries and do other shopping in Leiden?If you live in Leiden, newcomers to Leiden would love to hear your answer to this question: