How are local medical facilities in Colombo?
We asked members about local medical facilities in Colombo, they wrote...
"Medical facilities and medical care in Colombo are generally of a high standard. The city has a number of well-equipped hospitals and clinics, staffed by experienced and qualified medical professionals. Many of these facilities offer a range of services, from general medical care to specialized treatments. Additionally, Colombo is home to a number of private medical centers, offering a range of services from general check-ups to more specialized treatments. In addition, the city has a number of pharmacies, providing access to a range of medications," commented one expat who made the move to Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to Colombo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Colombo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Colombo?
- What is life like in Colombo?
- What do expats in Colombo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Colombo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Colombo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Colombo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Colombo?
- What are medical services in Colombo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Colombo?
- What are emergency services like in Colombo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Colombo?
- How are local medical facilities in Colombo?
- As a foreigner living in Colombo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How are local medical facilities in Colombo?If you live in Colombo, newcomers to Colombo would love to hear your answer to this question: