What are the visa & residency requirements in Lugano?
We asked people about the visa & residency requirements in Lugano, they wrote...
"In order to visit Lugano, a visitor must obtain a Schengen visa from the Swiss Embassy or Consulate in their home country. The process of applying for a visa involves submitting a valid passport, a completed application form, a passport-sized photograph, proof of travel insurance, and proof of sufficient funds. In order to obtain residency in Lugano, Switzerland, an individual must apply for a residence permit from the cantonal migration office. The process of applying for residency involves submitting a valid passport, a completed application form, a passport-sized photograph, proof of financial means, proof of health insurance, and proof of accommodation," said a member in Lugano, Switzerland.
- What should I pack when moving to Lugano?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lugano?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lugano?
- What is life like in Lugano?
- What do expats in Lugano appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Lugano?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Lugano accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Lugano like?
- What are healthcare services like in Lugano?
- What are medical services in Lugano like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lugano?
- What are emergency services like in Lugano?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Lugano?
- How are local medical facilities in Lugano?
- As a foreigner living in Lugano, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are the visa & residency requirements in Lugano?If you live in Lugano, newcomers to Lugano would love to hear your answer to this question: