What are the visa & residency requirements in Hannover?
We asked people about the visa & residency requirements in Hannover, they wrote...
"In order to apply for a visa to Hannover, one must first submit an application to the German Embassy or Consulate in their home country. The application must include a valid passport, proof of financial means, and a valid health insurance policy. Once the application is approved, the applicant will receive a visa that will allow them to enter Germany. In order to apply for residency in Hannover, Germany, one must first register with the local authorities. This can be done at the local registration office or online. The applicant must provide proof of identity, proof of residence, and proof of financial means. Once the application is approved, the applicant will receive a residence permit that will allow them to stay in Germany for a certain period of time," wrote a member who made the move to Hannover, Germany.
We've partnered with Homelike, to connect expats and newcomers with temporary accommodations in Germany. If you're moving to Germany, rent a short-term, furnished apartment or home for the first few months from Homelike and take your time figuring out the best place to live in Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Hannover?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Hannover?
- Will I be able to find a job in Hannover?
- What is life like in Hannover?
- What do expats in Hannover appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Hannover?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Hannover accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Hannover like?
- What are healthcare services like in Hannover?
- What are medical services in Hannover like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Hannover?
- What are emergency services like in Hannover?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Hannover?
- How are local medical facilities in Hannover?
- As a foreigner living in Hannover, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are the visa & residency requirements in Hannover?If you live in Hannover, newcomers to Hannover would love to hear your answer to this question: