What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Netherlands?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Netherlands about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"Make sure you find a midwife that works well for you and your family. Never hesitate to ask as many questions as you like. The more educated you are, the better. There are a lot of great resources here for first-time moms. If you're an expat here, try to get connected with other moms in the Netherlands who can encourage you, answer any questions you may have, and help guide you along your journey! Enjoy every moment because it all goes by way too fast," said another expat in Dordrecht, Netherlands.
"Make sure you write a birth plan and discuss it with your midwife at about wk35. They don't normally do that here in the Netherlands but my midwife thought it was a great idea and was very happy that I did it. She then put the info in my records so that everyone taking care of me knew exactly what I wanted and didn't want before I was in too much pain to express my feelings. If anyone would like some advice about creating your own birth plan please feel free to email me and I will send you a copy of mine so you can use it as a reference - giving you ideas of what to think about and how you would like things to go. Lastly, I would just say that make sure you pack your hospital bag early at least 2weeks before you are due. I am so glad I did," wrote a member who made the move to Nieuwegein, Netherlands.
- What do I need to know before moving to The Netherlands?
- How do I find a place to live in The Netherlands?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in The Netherlands?
- What is the average cost of housing in The Netherlands?
- Should I buy or rent a home in The Netherlands?
- What should I pack when moving to The Netherlands?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in The Netherlands?
- Why do people move to The Netherlands?
- What are healthcare services like in The Netherlands?
- What are medical services in The Netherlands like?
- What are typical rents in The Netherlands?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Netherlands?If you live in The Netherlands, newcomers to The Netherlands would love to hear your answer to this question.