What do expats in Czech Rep appreciate most about the local culture?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they appreciate the most about the local culture in Czech Rep. They wrote...
"Expats in Czechia appreciate the country's rich cultural heritage, which includes a variety of architectural styles, art, music, and literature. They also enjoy the vibrant nightlife, with its many pubs, clubs, and restaurants. Additionally, expats appreciate the friendly and welcoming nature of the locals, who are always willing to help out and share their culture with newcomers. Finally, expats enjoy the affordability of living in Czechia, which makes it a great place to live and work," commented one expat who made the move to Czech Rep.
"Once you have friends, they are wonderful friends. The food is not so healthy but delicious, the beer is the best. Magical architecture, beautiful countryside, Prague has excellent, inexpensive public transportation," remarked another expat in Prague, Czech Rep.
- What should I pack when moving to Czechia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Czechia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Czechia?
- What is life like in Czechia?
- What do expats in Czechia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Czechia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Czechia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Czechia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Czechia?
- What are medical services in Czechia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Czechia?
- What are emergency services like in Czechia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Czechia?
- How are local medical facilities in Czechia?
- As a foreigner living in Czechia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats in Czech Rep appreciate most about the local culture?If you live in Czechia, newcomers to Czechia would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.