What do expats in Dominican Rep appreciate most about the local culture?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they appreciate the most about the local culture in Dominican Rep. They wrote...
"Expats in the Dominican Republic appreciate the warm and welcoming nature of the local people, the vibrant culture, and the beautiful scenery. They also enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, the delicious local cuisine, and the vibrant music and dance scene. Additionally, expats appreciate the country's rich history and the opportunity to explore its many attractions," remarked another expat in Dominican Rep.
"We enjoy the laid back quality of life in the DR. We are in a small town and find people helpful and generally nice. We have met few US expatriates, but many Europeans and Canadians. I experienced a severe urinary infection and went septic. My wife wasn't sure how to handle that, but two locals called an ambulance and got me to an ER. I truly believe they saved my life. .Ambulance, ER, 4 days in hospital and doctor's fees were about $3000. I suspect my copay in the US would have cost more," said a member in Juan Dolio, Dominican Rep.
- What do I need to know before moving to the Dominican Republic?
- How do I find a place to live in the Dominican Republic?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in the Dominican Republic?
- What is the average cost of housing in the Dominican Republic?
- Should I buy or rent a home in the Dominican Republic?
- What should I pack when moving to the Dominican Republic?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in the Dominican Republic?
- Why do people move to the Dominican Republic?
- What are healthcare services like in the Dominican Republic?
- What are medical services in the Dominican Republic like?
- What are typical rents in the Dominican Republic?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What do expats in Dominican Rep appreciate most about the local culture?If you live in the Dominican Republic, newcomers to the Dominican Republic would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.