What do expats in Ireland appreciate most about the local culture?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they appreciate the most about the local culture in Ireland. They wrote...
"Expats in Ireland are especially appreciative of the country's vibrant culture, friendly and welcoming people, and traditional Irish music. Many expats also enjoy exploring the country's stunningly beautiful landscape, diverse and rich history, and great sense of humor. Irish people are also known for their excellent hospitality, making it an appealing place for foreign visitors who want to feel welcome and accepted. The country's deep traditions, both in folklore and in music, are also something many expats value, as it reminds them of their cultural roots," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Ireland.
"Irish people are friendly enough after they get to know you. Food was relatively cheap and higher quality in some cases than in US. I lived in a 54 individual house development for retired (65) or disabled people less than 65 could also qualify. I was one of the first ones to rent in there," commented one expat who made the move to Enniscorthy, Ireland.
- What do I need to know before moving to Ireland?
- How do I find a place to live in Ireland?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Ireland?
- What is the average cost of housing in Ireland?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Ireland?
- What should I pack when moving to Ireland?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Ireland?
- Why do people move to Ireland?
- What are healthcare services like in Ireland?
- What are medical services in Ireland like?
- What are typical rents in Ireland?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What do expats in Ireland appreciate most about the local culture?If you live in Ireland, newcomers to Ireland would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.