What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Yemen. They wrote...
"Expatriates in Yemen often find the local culture to be quite challenging due to its conservative nature. Many aspects of the culture, such as the dress code, are strictly enforced and can be difficult for expats to adjust to. Additionally, the language barrier can be a challenge for expats, as Arabic is the official language of Yemen and English is not widely spoken. Furthermore, the local customs and traditions can be difficult to understand and adhere to, as they are quite different from those of other countries. Finally, the lack of infrastructure and resources can be a challenge for expats, as it can be difficult to find basic amenities and services," remarked another expat in Yemen.
"The most challenging is the pace of doing things, but it's always the case when u travel from even one city to the other! You get use to it and start relaxing instead of being angry and upset," said a member in Sana'a, Yemen.
- What should I pack when moving to Yemen?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Yemen?
- Will I be able to find a job in Yemen?
- What is life like in Yemen?
- What do expats in Yemen appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Yemen?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Yemen accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Yemen like?
- What are healthcare services like in Yemen?
- What are medical services in Yemen like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Yemen?
- What are emergency services like in Yemen?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Yemen?
- How are local medical facilities in Yemen?
- As a foreigner living in Yemen, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Yemen, newcomers to Yemen would love to hear your answer to this question.