What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Ghana. They wrote...
"Expats in Ghana often find the local culture to be quite different from what they are used to. Many find the language barrier to be a challenge, as English is not widely spoken outside of the major cities. Additionally, the local customs and traditions can be difficult to understand and navigate. Expats may also find the pace of life to be slower than what they are used to, as well as the lack of modern amenities and infrastructure. Finally, the hot and humid climate can be difficult to adjust to," remarked another expat in Ghana.
"People here only tell you what you want to hear not the real situation - leading to not being able to trust anyone," said a member in Accra, Ghana.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Ghana?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ghana?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ghana?
- What is life like in Ghana?
- What do expats in Ghana appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ghana?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ghana accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ghana like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ghana?
- What are medical services in Ghana like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ghana?
- What are emergency services like in Ghana?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ghana?
- How are local medical facilities in Ghana?
- As a foreigner living in Ghana, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Ghana, newcomers to Ghana would love to hear your answer to this question.