What is it like to retire in Belgium?
We asked retirees what it is like retiring in Belgium. They said...
"Belgium is a great place for retirees to enjoy their golden years. With its rich culture, beautiful scenery, and vibrant cities, there is something for everyone. Expats will find a welcoming and active community, with plenty of opportunities to socialize and make new friends. There are plenty of cultural attractions to explore, from the historic cities of Bruges and Ghent to the stunning countryside of the Ardennes. For those looking for recreation, there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy, such as hiking, cycling, and golf. For those looking for a more active nightlife, there are plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants to explore. No matter what your interests, Belgium has something to offer retirees," remarked another expat in Belgium.
"We wrote a book entitled "Retiring in Belgium - a Guide for Expats" packed with information for expats thinking of retiring in Belgium. In order to buy a copy (all proceed to go charity) link to the website www.chsbelgium.org," said a member in Brussels, Belgium.
- What do I need to know before moving to Belgium?
- How do I find a place to live in Belgium?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Belgium?
- What is the average cost of housing in Belgium?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Belgium?
- What should I pack when moving to Belgium?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Belgium?
- Why do people move to Belgium?
- What are healthcare services like in Belgium?
- What are medical services in Belgium like?
- What are typical rents in Belgium?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is it like to retire in Belgium?If you live in Belgium, newcomers to Belgium would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.