What is it like to retire in Estonia?
We asked retirees what it is like retiring in Estonia. They said...
"Retirees in Estonia and its surroundings enjoy a high quality of life. The country is known for its beautiful landscapes, vibrant culture, and friendly people. There is an active expat community in Estonia, with many retirees taking advantage of the country's low cost of living and excellent healthcare system. Cultural attractions abound, from the medieval Old Town of Tallinn to the stunning coastal towns of Pärnu and Haapsalu. There are plenty of recreational activities to enjoy, from hiking and biking to sailing and fishing. For those looking for nightlife, Estonia's cities offer a variety of bars, clubs, and restaurants," commented one expat who made the move to Estonia.
- What do I need to know before moving to Estonia?
- How do I find a place to live in Estonia?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Estonia?
- What is the average cost of housing in Estonia?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Estonia?
- What should I pack when moving to Estonia?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Estonia?
- Why do people move to Estonia?
- What are healthcare services like in Estonia?
- What are medical services in Estonia like?
- What are typical rents in Estonia?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is it like to retire in Estonia?If you live in Estonia, newcomers to Estonia would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.