Will I save money living in Belize?
We asked expats if they save money living in Belize. They said...
"Living in Belize can be financially advantageous compared to the United States, as the cost of living is lower. Goods and services, including basic food staples, entertainment, transportation and healthcare are all significantly less expensive than in the United States. Furthermore, utility bills such as electricity, water and Internet services tend to be lower. Additionally, Belize has a favorable tax system which offers many benefits for expats," remarked another expat in Belize.
"Exceeded! The stores have ground expotentially. You can get anything else easily shipped in. My dad is 97 and we ship in his favorite Cookies all the time," said a member in Corozal, Belize.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Belize?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Belize?
- Will I be able to find a job in Belize?
- What is life like in Belize?
- What do expats in Belize appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Belize?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Belize accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Belize like?
- What are healthcare services like in Belize?
- What are medical services in Belize like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Belize?
- What are emergency services like in Belize?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Belize?
- How are local medical facilities in Belize?
- As a foreigner living in Belize, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I save money living in Belize?If you live in Belize, newcomers to Belize would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.