Is the cost of living in Germany high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Germany, they wrote...
"We have 1750,- Euros, with 4 different pensions, one German and 3 English ones. I think in England we would be on the border line. One can live here without any debts on 1000 Euros easily. On a park, where we are, it is very cheap. As we only pay the site fees which are about 3.800,- Euros including Electricity and gas and water is free," said a member in Eifel , Germany.
"This would fluctuate with currency ups and downs, lifestyles location and circumstances. These vary considerably so I cannot provide an accurate figure. But, a ballpark figure for one person, to be comfortable, would be about $50,000 a year," remarked another expat who made the move to Friedrichsdorf, Germany.
- What do I need to know before moving to Germany?
- How do I find a place to live in Germany?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Germany?
- What is the average cost of housing in Germany?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Germany?
- What should I pack when moving to Germany?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Germany?
- Why do people move to Germany?
- What are healthcare services like in Germany?
- What are medical services in Germany like?
- What are typical rents in Germany?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Is the cost of living in Germany high?If you live in Germany, newcomers to Germany would love to hear your answer to this question.