Is the cost of living in Gambia high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Gambia, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Gambia is generally considered to be quite low. Basic necessities such as food, transportation, and housing are relatively inexpensive compared to other countries. Prices for imported goods, however, can be higher than in other countries. The local currency, the Dalasi, is also relatively weak compared to other currencies, making it difficult to purchase items from abroad," said another expat in Gambia.
- What should I pack when moving to Gambia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Gambia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Gambia?
- What is life like in Gambia?
- What do expats in Gambia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Gambia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Gambia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Gambia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Gambia?
- What are medical services in Gambia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Gambia?
- What are emergency services like in Gambia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Gambia?
- How are local medical facilities in Gambia?
- As a foreigner living in Gambia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is the cost of living in Gambia high?If you live in Gambia, newcomers to Gambia would love to hear your answer to this question.