Is the cost of living in Indonesia high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Indonesia, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Indonesia is considered to be relatively low compared to other countries. Prices for goods and services are often less expensive compared to other countries in the region, making it a great destination for those looking for an affordable place to live. Cost of accommodation, food, and transportation in Indonesia is quite reasonable and it also has some of the lowest cheapest internet prices globally. All in all, Indonesia offers ample opportunities for a comfortable life at a much lower cost than many other countries," said another expat in Indonesia.
- What do I need to know before moving to Indonesia?
- How do I find a place to live in Indonesia?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Indonesia?
- What is the average cost of housing in Indonesia?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Indonesia?
- What should I pack when moving to Indonesia?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Indonesia?
- Why do people move to Indonesia?
- What are healthcare services like in Indonesia?
- What are medical services in Indonesia like?
- What are typical rents in Indonesia?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Is the cost of living in Indonesia high?If you live in Indonesia, newcomers to Indonesia would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.