What are healthcare services like in UK?
We asked retirees if they have access to good medical care in UK. They wrote...
"The National Health Service (NHS) in England provides excellent healthcare to its citizens, with an emphasis on preventative care. Health services are delivered by a wide range of stakeholders, including general practitioners (GPs), mental health professionals, community health professionals, and hospitals, who provide consultations, diagnosis, treatments, and aftercare. Citizens of England can also access help from pharmacists and dentists as needed. Patients will be assigned a surgeon and a general practitioner who are responsible for coordinating their care. The NHS also provides a range of additional services, such as specialist services for rare conditions and surgeries, as well as hospitals for more serious conditions and treatments. Furthermore, a number of private healthcare providers operate in England, allowing people to receive additional treatments that are not available through the NHS," remarked another expat who made the move to UK.
- What should I pack when moving to England?
- Where should I setup a bank account in England?
- Will I be able to find a job in England?
- What is life like in England?
- What do expats in England appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in England?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in England accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in England like?
- What are healthcare services like in England?
- What are medical services in England like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in England?
- What are emergency services like in England?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in England?
- How are local medical facilities in England?
- As a foreigner living in England, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are healthcare services like in UK?If you live in England, newcomers to England would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.