What are healthcare services like in Dominican Rep?
We asked retirees if they have access to good medical care in Dominican Rep. They wrote...
"The Dominican Republic has a public healthcare system that provides basic medical services to its citizens. Private healthcare is also available, and many people opt for this option due to the higher quality of care. The country has a number of hospitals and clinics that offer a range of services, including primary care, emergency care, and specialized care. The government also provides free vaccinations and preventive care to its citizens. In addition, there are a number of private health insurance companies that offer coverage for medical expenses," said another expat in Dominican Rep.
- What should I pack when moving to the Dominican Republic?
- Where should I setup a bank account in the Dominican Republic?
- Will I be able to find a job in the Dominican Republic?
- What is life like in the Dominican Republic?
- What do expats in the Dominican Republic appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in the Dominican Republic?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in the Dominican Republic accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in the Dominican Republic like?
- What are healthcare services like in the Dominican Republic?
- What are medical services in the Dominican Republic like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in the Dominican Republic?
- What are emergency services like in the Dominican Republic?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in the Dominican Republic?
- How are local medical facilities in the Dominican Republic?
- As a foreigner living in the Dominican Republic, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are healthcare services like in Dominican Rep?If you live in the Dominican Republic, newcomers to the Dominican Republic would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.