What are healthcare services like in France?
We asked retirees if they have access to good medical care in France. They wrote...
"France has an expansive public healthcare system that provides universal coverage to its citizens. Care is largely subsidized by the government, and citizens can access an array of healthcare services through their local public health network. Private practitioners, such as general clinicians and specialists, are also available for additional services that are not normally covered by the public system. Services available range from primary care to preventive care, from diagnostic testing to specialized treatments. Patients have the right to freedom of choice in selecting their healthcare provider," remarked another expat who made the move to France.
"Yes, France has great medical facilities. They also do not turn away foreigners in need. Do make sure your insurance is up-to-date anyway though," explained one expat living in Marseille, France.
- What do I need to know before moving to France?
- How do I find a place to live in France?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in France?
- What is the average cost of housing in France?
- Should I buy or rent a home in France?
- What should I pack when moving to France?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in France?
- Why do people move to France?
- What are healthcare services like in France?
- What are medical services in France like?
- What are typical rents in France?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What are healthcare services like in France?If you live in France, newcomers to France would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.