Is there a lot of crime in India?
We asked people if there is a lot of crime. They answered...
"Crime is an unfortunate reality in India, with an increasing number of crimes being committed in urban and rural areas across the country. Common crimes include theft, abduction, arson, domestic violence, fraud, cybercrime, human trafficking, acid attacks, and drug trafficking, among others. Fatalities from acts of violence have also been on the rise. The Indian government is taking steps to curb crime, including increasing police presence, passing tougher laws, and improving the criminal justice system," remarked another expat who made the move to India.
- What should I pack when moving to India?
- Where should I setup a bank account in India?
- Will I be able to find a job in India?
- What is life like in India?
- What do expats in India appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in India?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in India accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in India like?
- What are healthcare services like in India?
- What are medical services in India like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in India?
- What are emergency services like in India?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in India?
- How are local medical facilities in India?
- As a foreigner living in India, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is there a lot of crime in India?If you live in India, newcomers to India would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.