Should I buy or rent a home in Bahrain?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Bahrain, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"Buying a home in Bahrain can be a great investment, as the country has a strong economy and a growing real estate market. However, it is important to consider the cost of living in Bahrain, as well as the availability of rental properties, before making a decision. Renting a home in Bahrain can be a great option for those who are not ready to commit to a long-term purchase, as it allows for more flexibility and can be more cost-effective in the short-term. Ultimately, the decision to buy or rent a home in Bahrain should be based on individual needs and preferences," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Bahrain.
- What do I need to know before moving to Bahrain?
- How do I find a place to live in Bahrain?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Bahrain?
- What is the average cost of housing in Bahrain?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Bahrain?
- What should I pack when moving to Bahrain?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Bahrain?
- Why do people move to Bahrain?
- What are healthcare services like in Bahrain?
- What are medical services in Bahrain like?
- What are typical rents in Bahrain?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Should I buy or rent a home in Bahrain?If you live in Bahrain, newcomers to Bahrain would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.