Should I buy or rent a home in Gambia?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Gambia, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"When deciding whether to buy or rent a home in Gambia, it is important to consider the cost of living, the availability of housing, and the local economy. Buying a home in Gambia can be a great investment, as property values tend to appreciate over time. However, it is important to consider the cost of purchasing a home, including the cost of a mortgage, taxes, and maintenance. Renting a home in Gambia can be a more affordable option, as it does not require a large upfront investment. Additionally, renting can provide more flexibility, as it is easier to move if needed. Ultimately, the decision to buy or rent a home in Gambia should be based on individual needs and preferences," said a member in Gambia.
- What should I pack when moving to Gambia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Gambia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Gambia?
- What is life like in Gambia?
- What do expats in Gambia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Gambia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Gambia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Gambia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Gambia?
- What are medical services in Gambia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Gambia?
- What are emergency services like in Gambia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Gambia?
- How are local medical facilities in Gambia?
- As a foreigner living in Gambia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Gambia?If you live in Gambia, newcomers to Gambia would love to hear your answer to this question.