Should I buy or rent a home in Estonia?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Estonia, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"Buying a home in Estonia can be a great investment, as the country has a strong economy and a growing real estate market. However, it is important to consider the costs associated with buying a home, such as closing costs, taxes, and maintenance. Renting a home in Estonia can be a more affordable option, as it does not require a large upfront investment. Additionally, renting can provide more flexibility, as it allows you to move more easily if your circumstances change. Ultimately, the decision to buy or rent a home in Estonia should be based on your individual needs and financial situation," said another expat in Estonia.
- What should I pack when moving to Estonia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Estonia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Estonia?
- What is life like in Estonia?
- What do expats in Estonia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Estonia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Estonia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Estonia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Estonia?
- What are medical services in Estonia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Estonia?
- What are emergency services like in Estonia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Estonia?
- How are local medical facilities in Estonia?
- As a foreigner living in Estonia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Estonia?If you live in Estonia, newcomers to Estonia would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.