Should I buy or rent a home in Laos?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Laos, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"Buying a home in Laos can be a great investment, as property prices are still relatively low. However, it is important to consider the cost of living in the area, as well as the availability of amenities and services. Renting a home in Laos can be a more cost-effective option, as it allows you to live in the area without the long-term commitment of buying a home. Additionally, renting can provide more flexibility if you are unsure of how long you will be staying in the area. Ultimately, the decision to buy or rent a home in Laos should be based on your individual needs and preferences," remarked another expat who made the move to Laos.
- What should I pack when moving to Laos?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Laos?
- Will I be able to find a job in Laos?
- What is life like in Laos?
- What do expats in Laos appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Laos?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Laos accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Laos like?
- What are healthcare services like in Laos?
- What are medical services in Laos like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Laos?
- What are emergency services like in Laos?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Laos?
- How are local medical facilities in Laos?
- As a foreigner living in Laos, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Laos?If you live in Laos, newcomers to Laos would love to hear your answer to this question.