Should I buy or rent a home in Norway?
If you have not spent a lot of time in Norway, you should rent before even thinking about buying. We asked expats there about the buy vs. rent decision...
"When it comes to living in Norway, buying a home may be the most cost effective and flexible long-term option. Home ownership can give you the stability and freedom to make your home a reflection of your own personal style. On the other hand, renting a home in Norway typically has lower upfront costs and offers more flexibility as you can move frequently if necessary. You should assess your lifestyle and financial situation to decide which option is right for you," explained one expat living in Norway.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Norway?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Norway?
- Will I be able to find a job in Norway?
- What is life like in Norway?
- What do expats in Norway appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Norway?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Norway accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Norway like?
- What are healthcare services like in Norway?
- What are medical services in Norway like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Norway?
- What are emergency services like in Norway?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Norway?
- How are local medical facilities in Norway?
- As a foreigner living in Norway, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Should I buy or rent a home in Norway?If you live in Norway, newcomers to Norway would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.