How do I meet people in Indonesia?
When we asked people living in Indonesia about club and activities where newcomers can meet others, they responded...
"Expats in Indonesia often join local clubs and activities such as diving, surfing, angling, golfing, running, painting, and photography. Additionally, many activities in Indonesia are organised by churches, volunteer groups, and international organisations as a way for expats to meet and interact with one another. Other ways for expats to meet people in Indonesia include attending local events, festivals, and meet-up groups, joining language classes, visiting coffee houses and libraries, and exploring local neighbourhoods," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Indonesia.
"Travel, Java Lava mt hiking club, BIS PTA, Cub scouts (either British First Kemang or American scouts) and the various artist groups," commented one expat who made the move to Jakarta, Indonesia.
- What do I need to know before moving to Indonesia?
- How do I find a place to live in Indonesia?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Indonesia?
- What is the average cost of housing in Indonesia?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Indonesia?
- What should I pack when moving to Indonesia?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Indonesia?
- Why do people move to Indonesia?
- What are healthcare services like in Indonesia?
- What are medical services in Indonesia like?
- What are typical rents in Indonesia?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
How do I meet people in Indonesia?If you live in Indonesia, newcomers to Indonesia would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.