What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Sweden is generally quite pleasant. The country is known for its high quality of life, with excellent healthcare, education, and infrastructure. Expats and digital nomads can enjoy the country's stunning natural beauty, vibrant cities, and rich cultural heritage. Sweden is also a great place to work, with a strong economy and plenty of job opportunities. The cost of living is relatively high, but the quality of life is worth it. Expats and digital nomads can also benefit from the country's generous social welfare system, which provides a safety net for those who need it," commented one expat who made the move to Sweden.
"People in Uppsala are academic-oriented, or are mostly blue-collar workers because of the university. Work in Uppsala is varied, but those who are in technology or engineering are usually paid better. Family is important in Sweden, and might be hard to get invited to a traditional Swedish home at first for outsiders. Socializing is not as liberal as, say Ireland, but Swedes are respectful and courteous to newcomers. Sports is academically oriented, but observance of the national team is paramount for football (American: Soccer)," remarked another expat in Uppsala, Sweden.
- What should I pack when moving to Sweden?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Sweden?
- Will I be able to find a job in Sweden?
- What is life like in Sweden?
- What do expats in Sweden appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Sweden?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Sweden accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Sweden like?
- What are healthcare services like in Sweden?
- What are medical services in Sweden like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Sweden?
- What are emergency services like in Sweden?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Sweden?
- How are local medical facilities in Sweden?
- As a foreigner living in Sweden, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Sweden, newcomers to Sweden would love to hear your answer to this question.