What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Living as an expat or digital nomad in France can be a wonderful and exciting experience. The country offers a variety of cultures, cities and landscapes, with something for everyone. Expats in France will benefit from the rich history, culture, architecture and cuisine. In addition, many expats enjoy the convenient transport and communications infrastructure, which makes staying connected to family and home easy. Digital nomads can also benefit from affordable high-speed internet access, allowing for convenient and productive remote work opportunities. With rental and living costs generally lower than that of other European countries, France can be a great place to call home for expats and digital nomads alike," commented one expat who made the move to France.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"Work, socializing, sports, festivals & community celebrations in centre-ville. Lots of opportunities to be active with a climbing gym, sports halls, dance classes, martial arts clubs, etc," remarked another expat in Epinal, France.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to France?
- Where should I setup a bank account in France?
- Will I be able to find a job in France?
- What is life like in France?
- What do expats in France appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in France?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in France accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in France like?
- What are healthcare services like in France?
- What are medical services in France like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in France?
- What are emergency services like in France?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in France?
- How are local medical facilities in France?
- As a foreigner living in France, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in France, newcomers to France would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.