What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life as an expat in the area can be an interesting and stimulating experience. The area has a rich history and culture, with many attractions and activities to explore. Expats will find a mix of local and international cuisine, a variety of nightlife, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. It is an excellent place to connect with locals and other expats, and to take advantage of the many options available to expats in the form of education, housing, employment, and social programs. The area also offers a high quality of life, with its temperate climate, low cost of living, and access to healthcare and public transportation. Additionally, it has a vibrant expat community, with various networking and support networks, that help expats when settling in and make it an enjoyable experience," said another expat in Ireland.
"As in most communities throughout the world, priorities center on providing for family, religion, discussing global affairs and politics, and of course, sports. Tubbercurry has a GAA pitch and a lovely golf course. There is a newly revamped children's park and excellent walking areas with wonderful beauty," wrote a member who made the move to Tubbercurry, Ireland.
- What do I need to know before moving to Ireland?
- How do I find a place to live in Ireland?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Ireland?
- What is the average cost of housing in Ireland?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Ireland?
- What should I pack when moving to Ireland?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Ireland?
- Why do people move to Ireland?
- What are healthcare services like in Ireland?
- What are medical services in Ireland like?
- What are typical rents in Ireland?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Ireland, newcomers to Ireland would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.