What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Ireland is generally very pleasant. The country is known for its stunning landscapes, friendly locals and high quality of life. Expats in Ireland will find a culture of warmth and hospitality, as well as plenty of opportunities to explore the unique culture and landscapes of the country. The digital nomad community is vibrant and people can take advantage of Ireland's world-class co-working spaces, excellent restaurants and great transport links. Ireland is an ideal destination for anyone looking to work remotely, explore beautiful countryside or just make new friends in an unfamiliar place," said another expat in Ireland.
"As in most communities throughout the world, priorities center on providing for family, religion, discussing global affairs and politics, and of course, sports. Tubbercurry has a GAA pitch and a lovely golf course. There is a newly revamped children's park and excellent walking areas with wonderful beauty," wrote a member who made the move to Tubbercurry, Ireland.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Ireland?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ireland?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ireland?
- What is life like in Ireland?
- What do expats in Ireland appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ireland?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ireland accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ireland like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ireland?
- What are medical services in Ireland like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ireland?
- What are emergency services like in Ireland?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ireland?
- How are local medical facilities in Ireland?
- As a foreigner living in Ireland, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Ireland, newcomers to Ireland would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.