What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Even though the country is poorest in Europe, you will never say that by being there. The cars on the street are expensive, people are dressed very well, even much better than are other Europeans.The priorities are not travelling or socializing around the world, but building a house, buying a better car, making great parties, where the tables are "ruined" because of the numerous extraordinary good dishes," explained one expat living in Chisinau, Moldova.
"It's much more laid back than the states. The pace of life is slower, family is of utmost importance, and people make sure to take time out for social gatherings - often, in summer, in the forest for "shashlyk," or a type of shishkabob," said another expat in Chisinau, Moldova.
- What do I need to know before moving to Moldova?
- How do I find a place to live in Moldova?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Moldova?
- What is the average cost of housing in Moldova?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Moldova?
- What should I pack when moving to Moldova?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Moldova?
- Why do people move to Moldova?
- What are healthcare services like in Moldova?
- What are medical services in Moldova like?
- What are typical rents in Moldova?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Moldova, newcomers to Moldova would love to hear your answer to this question.