What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Expat and digital nomads in Romania enjoy a vibrant culture, stunning landscapes, and a low cost of living. Romania is a great place to explore, with its medieval towns, castles, and churches, as well as its vibrant cities. Expats and digital nomads can find a wide range of accommodation options, from apartments to villas, and the country is well connected with an extensive public transport network. The people of Romania are friendly and welcoming, and the country is a great place to meet new people and make friends. Expats and digital nomads can also take advantage of the country's excellent healthcare system and enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, from skiing to hiking," remarked another expat who made the move to Romania.
"In my village life revolves around construction work both home and abroad and subsistance farming. Also tourism through small guest house businesses. Its a rural existence based historically and culturally in agriculture. In my circle of Friends (mostly from Brasov) it's about family and exploring our mountains," explained one expat living in Moieciu de Jos, Romania.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Romania?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Romania?
- Will I be able to find a job in Romania?
- What is life like in Romania?
- What do expats in Romania appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Romania?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Romania accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Romania like?
- What are healthcare services like in Romania?
- What are medical services in Romania like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Romania?
- What are emergency services like in Romania?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Romania?
- How are local medical facilities in Romania?
- As a foreigner living in Romania, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Romania, newcomers to Romania would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.