Will I be able to find a job in UK?
When we asked people about industries and career opportunities in UK, they reponded...
"Foreigners often find jobs in service orientated roles such as hospitality, retail and tourism in England. They also commonly work in industries like technology, financial services, engineering, and manufacturing. Additionally, many foreign citizens find work in academia teaching foreign languages and in specialist roles in health and social care," remarked another expat in UK.
"There are not a lot of job opportunities in the town itself. I work in nearby Abingdon for a university campus, and my husband commuted to Oxford to work. Your best bet would be to look in Oxford for work. The BMW/ Mini plant is there along with the main university," said a member in Wantage, UK.
- What should I pack when moving to England?
- Where should I setup a bank account in England?
- Will I be able to find a job in England?
- What is life like in England?
- What do expats in England appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in England?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in England accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in England like?
- What are healthcare services like in England?
- What are medical services in England like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in England?
- What are emergency services like in England?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in England?
- How are local medical facilities in England?
- As a foreigner living in England, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I be able to find a job in UK?If you live in England, newcomers to England would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.