Will I be able to find a job in UK?
When we asked people about industries and career opportunities in UK, they reponded...
"There are not a lot of job opportunities in the town itself. I work in nearby Abingdon for a university campus, and my husband commuted to Oxford to work. Your best bet would be to look in Oxford for work. The BMW/ Mini plant is there along with the main university," remarked another expat who made the move to Wantage, UK.
"As I said, this is a major university town. There is also the main hospital for the county. Industries relating to technology have sprung up because of the skill level here. I would say that there are always jobs, both for skilled and unskilled workers. I think where London is an economic center, Cambridge is the technological center of the country," explained one expat living in Cambridge, UK.
- What do I need to know before moving to England?
- How do I find a place to live in England?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in England?
- What is the average cost of housing in England?
- Should I buy or rent a home in England?
- What should I pack when moving to England?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in England?
- Why do people move to England?
- What are healthcare services like in England?
- What are medical services in England like?
- What are typical rents in England?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Will I be able to find a job in UK?If you live in England, newcomers to England would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.