Will I be able to find a job in Austria?
When we asked people about industries and career opportunities in Austria, they reponded...
"Foreigners often have jobs such as teaching English, working in hospitality, as tour guides, in IT, as translators or interpreters, or in customer service sectors in Austria. They may also have roles in the healthcare industry, in retail, or as an au pair to assist with childcare," explained one expat living in Austria.
"construction, machinery, vehicles and parts, food, metals, chemicals, lumber and wood processing, paper, communication, equipment and tourism. Finding work is challenging as you need a work permit to work in Austria. Additionally, the working language is German. So it is vital that one speaks it," said another expat in Vienna, Austria.
- What should I pack when moving to Austria?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Austria?
- Will I be able to find a job in Austria?
- What is life like in Austria?
- What do expats in Austria appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Austria?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Austria accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Austria like?
- What are healthcare services like in Austria?
- What are medical services in Austria like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Austria?
- What are emergency services like in Austria?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Austria?
- How are local medical facilities in Austria?
- As a foreigner living in Austria, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I be able to find a job in Austria?If you live in Austria, newcomers to Austria would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.