Will I be able to find a job in India?
When we asked people about industries and career opportunities in India, they reponded...
"It depends on a few factors such as your qualifications and the economic situation in India. Generally speaking, the job market in India is competitive and there are plenty of opportunities for those with the right qualifications. Additionally, the government of India provides many incentives and support to encourage foreign nationals to explore job opportunities in India. Researching preferred industries and businesses in the area could help to increase your chances of success," said another expat in India.
"Word of mouth is a common way of finding work, being aware when you are meeting at ex-pat events or with locals to ask about work in your chosen field," wrote a member who made the move to Bangalore, India.
- What do I need to know before moving to India?
- How do I find a place to live in India?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in India?
- What is the average cost of housing in India?
- Should I buy or rent a home in India?
- What should I pack when moving to India?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in India?
- Why do people move to India?
- What are healthcare services like in India?
- What are medical services in India like?
- What are typical rents in India?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Will I be able to find a job in India?If you live in India, newcomers to India would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.