What do I need to know before retiring in Venezuela?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Venezuela, they said...
"Before retiring in Venezuela, expats should be aware of the current political and economic situation in the country. It is important to research the cost of living and the availability of goods and services in the area they plan to live in. Expats should also be aware of the crime rate in Venezuela and take necessary precautions to ensure their safety. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs to ensure a smooth transition into their new home. Lastly, expats should make sure to obtain the necessary visas and permits to legally reside in Venezuela," wrote a member who made the move to Venezuela.
"In general terms people in this city are nice and kind. But you shouldn't trust everybody. Personal Security must be in your mind everytime you go out especially if you go on foot (without car), because delinquency is a serius issue here. Subway is safer than autobus unlike other countries. And if u have to take the bus avoid western routes. Indeed avoid getting around on the west part of the city and lower class zones because are the most risky," explained one expat living in Caracas, Venezuela.
- What do I need to know before moving to Venezuela?
- How do I find a place to live in Venezuela?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Venezuela?
- What is the average cost of housing in Venezuela?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Venezuela?
- What should I pack when moving to Venezuela?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Venezuela?
- Why do people move to Venezuela?
- What are healthcare services like in Venezuela?
- What are medical services in Venezuela like?
- What are typical rents in Venezuela?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What do I need to know before retiring in Venezuela?If you live in Venezuela, newcomers to Venezuela would love to hear your answer to this question.